For aspiring entrepreneurs who are:planning to open a rice dealership
desiring to supply rice to companies, dealers or retailers
o gusto lang magtayo ng sarili nilang bigasan

here are some tips and guides to help you out. Just click the guides below:

Starting a Rice Dealership

(As of 2019)(no longer required)NFA Rice Dealership FAQ

Rice is staple food in the Philippines. This is the reason it would be a sensible decision to put up a rice dealership business supplying in your vicinity. You won't be searching far to get customers since buyers are already at hand. Certainly, in whichever kind of industry, you need to start by accomplishing a feasibility study. This will assess if your proposed business is financially viable.

Base on our experience here’s are the  basic questions you can easily answer before you start:
1. Do you have sufficient funds or capital to put up a rice dealership business? For retailers atleast PHP50,000
2. Do you have an excellent location for your rice dealership business? Do you know your target market?
3. Do you have  enough space for the sacks of rice that will be delivered to you? And is it secured and clean?
4. Do you have a rice supplier you could trust?

Once you have a supplier you can trust, questions like which varieties to sell? Pricing? marketing strategies? Could now be answered with there help

NFA Rice Dealership FAQ (as of 2019 this is no longer required)

THE National Food Authority pledge to serve  YOU with:

Courtesy & Promptness by
Able and Committed NFA employees who are
Resolved to bring Public Service to its highest level with
Emphasis that a “Public Service is a Public Trust”

All these WE pledge, because YOU deserve no less

Here's a link to the Citizen's Charter

Q: Who are required to secure license from NFA?
A: All persons, natural or juridical, that are engaging or intending to engage in the rice and/or corn
 business whether commercial or NFA rice/corn.

Q: When do we Secure a License?
A: Before the start in any of the
 business activity enumerated above, the proprietor or operator should first secure a license from NFA. For those already license, businessmen should renew their annual license on any day within their scheduled month allotted by the NFA

Q: Where do we Apply for a License?
A: Application may be filed at the NFA office that has jurisdiction over the location of the principal
 business of the applicant.

Q: In case we have more than one (1) store/establishment for Rice/Corn business, should all be licensed?
A: Yes, owner/operator should file a license for all outlets at the NFA office where his principal place of
 business is located. Additional outlets are treated as branches.

Q: How do we apply for a license?
A: For new applicants, follow these procedures:
- secure
 application form from the licensing officer upon payment of application fee;
- accomplish and file application with complete requirements to the licensing officer who in turn checks the documents and determines corresponding license fee;
- pay license fee to the
 cashier and get copy of official receipt;
- prepare the facilities/equipment requirements for inspection by NFA
- after inspection of establishments, present notice of inspection to licensing officer, official receipt and proof of compliance with deficiencies, if any;
- licensing officer issues license if application is found to be in order;
- applicants display license in their establishments.
Procedures for renewal applicants:
- secure application from licensing officer upon payment of application fee;
- accomplish and file application with complete requirements together with previous year’s license to the licensing officer;
- licensing officer checks completeness of requirements and determines license fee to be paid;
- pay license fee to the
 cashier and present the official receipt to licensing officer;
- licensing officer issues renewal
 sticker and stick it to appropriate portion of the license if application is found to be in order;
- applicants display licensing conspicuous place in their establishments.

Q: For New Applicants, how long do we have to wait for the Approval of our License Application?
A: The establishments and facility requirements of new applicants are inspected by NFA
 Investigators within 20 working days after the filling of their applications. Those inspected are given inspection notices stating the date when they can return to the NFA to show compliance with any deficiency, if any. Otherwise, their notices state the date they can get their license. In all these cases, it should not exceed 20 working days after inspection.

Q: How much do we have to pay?
A: Application fee is P50.00 for a single line activity and P100.00 for two activities or more. License fees depend upon capacity of the post harvest equipment used.

Q: What are the requirements?
A: Documentary and facility requirements depend upon the
 business activity.

Q: Does the NFA requires only Licensing on Rice/Corn Business Activities?
A: The NFA also require the registration of the following facilities aside from the license on the activities mentioned earlier list.
- motor vehicles used or intended to be used in transport/hauling of palay/ rice/corn whether for exclusive use or for hire except public utility vehicles franchised by proper government agencies not principally used for transporting rice/palay/corn;
- warehouses,threshers and sellers for own produce;
- mechanical dryers for owner’s/operators’ exclusive use;
- packaging machines for owner’s/operators’ exclusive use;
- institutions/establishments securing their rice/corn requirements from the NFA;
- poultry and hog raisers securing byproducts from the NFA;
- manufacturers/importers/dealers and distributors of rice/corn post-harvest facilities;
- non-operating mills and other post-harvest facilities. In this case, registration is done only once.
Registration is done at the office of the NFA that has jurisdiction over the location of the principal business of the applicant.
Registration fees see separate from that of the license fees.

Q: In the event that I discontinue my business, what should I do with my License/Registration Certificate?
A: Surrender your license/registration certificate to the NFA office that issued it together with a written notice of discontinuance.
Otherwise, in case you reapply, you would be charged with the fees for the entire period that you have not applied for renewal.

Q: What do you mean by Bonded Activities?
A: Bonded activities mean third party
 stocks are deposited in your facilities, for storage, milling, threshing, corn shelling or mechanical drying. Operators/owners of facilities accepting third party stocks are required to post a bond as well as fire insurance to safeguard the stocks of the third party.

Registration Forms:
 Registration/Licensing (Individual/Entities)
 License – Warehousing
 License – Retailing
 License – Wholesaling
 Registration – Transporting

How to Register a Rice Dealership Business

3rd Floor, OPPEN Building
349 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City
Tel. Nos.: (632) 890.4968 / 897.7596 / 897.1693
Fax No.: (632) 896.7916
Email: bsmed@dti.gov.ph
Website: www.dti.gov.ph

Rice Dealer Business Registration Requirements

For Single Proprietorship

1. Business Name Registration
Visit Department of Trade & Industry (DTI)
Provincial Office where the business is located or log on to www.bnrs.dti.gov.ph
Validity: 5 years
•Accomplished Business Name Registration Form [Single Proprietorship/Partnership (Optional)];
•Registration fee of Php300.00
2. Mayor’s Permit
Agency: Local municipality where business
is located
Validity: 1 year
•Accomplished Business Permit Application Form
•DTI – Business Name Certificate
•Sketch of the business location
•Barangay Clearance
•Fire Safety Inspection Clearance
•Sanitary Permit (from City Health Officer)
•Lease Contract
•2 pcs. 2×2 colored ID Picture
•Registration fee depends on the type of the business

3. Tax Identification Number (TIN)
Agency: Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) National
Office, Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Tel. nos.: (632) 981.7000 / 981.8888
Email: contact_us@cctr.bir.gov.ph
Website: www.bir.gov.ph
•Accomplish Form 1901
•Mayor’s Permit
•Registration Fee of P500.00
Business Registration Requirements

4. Social Security System (SSS) Certificate
Social Security System (SSS)
Loans and Investment Office
SSS Building, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
Tel. Nos.: (632)920.6401 / 920.6446
Email: member_relations@sss.gov.ph
Website: www.sss.gov.ph
•Accomplished R1 Form
•DTI Business Name Certificate
•Mayor’s Permit
5. Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Registration
(with 5 or more employees)
Agency: Department of Labor and Employment
(DOLE)-Labor Standard and Enforcement Division
2nd Flr. Dy International Building, San
Marcelino cor. Gen. Malvar St., Malate, Manila
Tel. nos.: (632) 339.2013. Hotline No.: 527.8000
Email: osec@dole.gov.ph
Website: www.dole.gov.ph
•Accomplished Rule 1020 Form
•Lay-out of business location
•Vicinity map

For Partnership

Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Certificate
Agency: Securities and Exchange Commission Address: SEC Building, Edsa, Greenhills,
Mandaluyong City
Tel. No.: (632) 726.0931 to 39
Email: mis@sec.gov.ph
Website: www.sec.gov.ph or
http://iregister.sec.gov.ph/MainServlet (for online
•Verification Slip Form (Re: Proposed Name)
•Accomplished Registration Data Sheet
•Articles of Partnership
•Written undertaking to change corporate name
•If the contributed capital is in the form of real property, additional requirement is needed:
  -Deed of Assignment executed by the owner.

For Corporation

Securities and Exchange
Commission (SEC) Certificate
Agency: Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Address: SEC Building, Edsa, Greenhills,
Mandaluyong City
Tel. No.: (632) 726.0931 to 39
Email: mis@sec.gov.ph
Website: www.sec.gov.ph
or http://iregister.sec.gov.ph/MainServlet (for online registration)
•Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws;
•Verification Slip Form (Re: Corporate Name);
•Accomplished Registration Data Sheet;
•Treasurer’s Affidavit;
•Bank Certificate of Deposit;
•Authority to Verify Bank Accounts;
•Written Undertaking to Change Corporate Name, when necessary;
•Subscriber’s Information Sheet;
•If the paid-up capital is in the form of a real property, submit the following additional requirements:
  -Statement of Assets and Liabilities;
  -Deed of Assignment executed by the stockholder who is the owner of the property in favor of the corporation. If the property contributed is a building or a parcel of land, the deed must be presented to the Register of Deeds for registration;
-If the property being contributed is a building, submit detailed list of the building/s giving a brief description of each;
-If the property being contributed is a parcel of land, submit detailed list of the parcel of land showing the OCT/TCT numbers, registered owner, lot and block numbers, area, location and encumbrances, if any; and
•Registration fee of Php360.00.

Other Agency

1. National Food Authority (NFA) Certificate
Agency: National Food Authority-
Regulatory Division
10th flr., Matimyas Building
101 E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, Quezon City
Tel. nos.: 712.2527 / 712.1768 / 712.1924
Email: nfa_admin@nfa.gov.ph
Website: www.nfa.gov.ph
Validity : 1 year
•Accomplished Application Form for Retailing/Wholesaling
•Passport size picture of the applicant
•Tax Identification Number
•Facilities and equipment requirement: calibrated weighing scale, adequate storage space, rice boxes painted white, price tags indicating price per kilogram, classification, variety, and grade or whether NFA rice
•Signboard shall at least measure as follows: 45 cm. width and 75 cm. length bearing the business name of the licensee, the NFA control number and the words “Licensed Grains Retailer”, or “Wholesaler”
•Sketch of business location
•Application Fee of Php100.00 and registration fee (depends on the capitalization of the owner)

to download the file click here  Dealer.pdf